Wednesday, January 16, 2008

where's the time go

my bad, it's been a few weeks!
a little christmas, a little new years...








and now it's cold here but only in that hawaii kindof way. storms. waves. socks.
need to start bringing my camera out more. it's been on my desk since
jan 1!

please check out asofterworld.com
for some post-apocalyptic inspirations.
things like

"i sold all of our belongings and packed the car with snacks while you were at work.
i set the cat free. i crank called 911.
i bit our landlord.
we can never go back! we're free."

i'm spending some time not on my business, but on my portfolio and projects i've only dreamed of. i'm spending some time on thinking big i guess. residencies, scholarships. anyone want to write me a letter of recommendation?

because i can sit and make small things all day, small art, and i love it, but i need to keep challenging myself. i told myself i would take this time to focus on myself as an artist, i would be my own school.
i always wanted to do that.
but it's hard.
oh and having lots of dreams, for real. and remembering them quite vividly. i
can't begin to debrief all these dreams.

my phone's been ringing a lot lately. things have changed for me on a lot of levels, probably for the best.

but that doesn't deny the fact that i'm wrestling with myself.
...

No comments: