Friday, November 23, 2007

The Canal

The Canal (the painting)

Two weeks ago, I went on a bike on the bus type adventure in town. Not so many photos because I left my camera home for the weekend. Just taking pictures with my mind, I guess. See when you're walking and biking and taking public transportation, you see a lot more than in the car. Especially when you're travelling through a world that is all about the car. Shhh...don't tell but especially when I walk, I find nothing but treasures. Next time I'm bored, perhaps I'll post some photos of said finds. Anyways, back to the matter at hand, the other weekend. I was drooling and spacing out on the filmy bus window from the bus rocking and the arms crossing when we crossed this canal and it looked like there was a river of trash. That's when I realized what all this hurry is about. If you go quickly, you outrun it a little. When you're on the bus, you're not outrunnin nothin. But in your car, you might miss it. Talking to my mom, their well at the house
dry
Reading craft magazines about environmental issues?
Now this is my kind of craft, no more wooden hinged bears that say welcome.
But what does that mean...
Is it as bad as it seems...
I remember years ago making a painting but not just with pigments, with trash I found on a hike: the plastic holder for earrings, a candy wrapper. Tucking these moments into the side of a mountain, a river's stream.
I thought so many years ago this was all dire.
Finally
confirmed.


But None To Drink (the painting)
I must give kudos to my brother and sister for inspiring me to start a blog. They think people might be interested(?). Interesting. Please visit my website, www.jessicalandau.com to see more of my artwork.

No comments: